Asparagus & New Potato Sauté
Type: Side Dish
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 shallots, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup queso fresco crumbles
- Place potatoes in large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain; set aside. When cool, cut into quarters.
- Snap tough ends of asparagus and discard. Cut into ½-inch pieces; set aside.
- In large, non-stick skillet, sauté shallots in olive oil for 1 minute. Add asparagus, thyme, salt, pepper and lemon juice; saute for 2 to 3 minutes until crisp tender. Stir in quartered potatoes and continue to saute for an additional 3 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with queso fresco and serve.
Makes 8 servings. Nutrition Information 90 calories, 4 grams fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 10 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 4 grams protein