Grandma’s Stuffed Peppers
Type: Entree, Main
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Lipton Onion Soup Mix – save remaining for another use
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 5 large green sweet peppers
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1¼ cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- In large sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and cook
- for 3 minutes.
- Stir in soup, broth, and dry onion soup mix. Heat until bubbly. Stir in chicken; heat through. Stir in rice and remove from heat.
- To assemble, halve peppers lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Place pepper halves, cut side up in a large Pyrex or roasting pan.
- Divide chicken mixture among the pepper halves. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper
- Cover peppers loosely with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes
- or until peppers are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cheese and bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 10 servings Nutrition Information 230 calories, 5 grams fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 20 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 24 grams protein