Chicken Pot Pie
Type: Entree, Main
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 (14.5 oz) can 99% fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups peas and carrots
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 9” pie crust (refrigerated)
- Melt butter in heavy Dutch oven; add flour; stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth and milk; cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour chicken mixture into a deep 1½ quart baking dish. Top with pie crust. Cut slits in crust to allow steam to escape. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Makes 4 servings Nutrition Information 460 calories, 21 grams fat, 140 mg cholesterol, 895 mg sodium, 34 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 34 grams protein