Chicken with Artichokes
Author: Jan Tilley
- 6 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium heat; add artichoke hearts and green onions, and sauté 1 minute.
- Stir together ⅔ cup water and next 3 ingredients; add chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
Makes 6 servings Nutrition Information 230 calories, 7 grams fat, 85 mg cholesterol, 1080 mg sodium, 11 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 29 grams protein